If we think about the greatest breakthroughs of dentistry’s history, sector experts agree that it is 3D printing which has brought us the most advantages nowadays.
As it occurs in the medical, aeronautical and engineering sector, 3D printing has stirred up dentistry by bringing many advantages to patients of all ages both from a technical point of view and customer satisfaction.
ADVANTAGES OF DIGITAL 3D PRINTING
- IMPROVED EXPERIENCE FOR THE PATIENT: avoid nausea and choking sensation since there is no printing paste involved in the treatment.
- MORE AFFORDABLE: lower prices in comparison to manual modeling.
- QUICK DEADLINES: shorter delivery times but maintaining high quality standards. This is the reason why this product is highly recommended for emergencies.
- VERSATILITY AND ACCURACY: detail-focused designs can be created with the best materials for each case.
- FORMAT AVAILABILITY: a digital copy of each dental piece can be saved for quick second opinions or for later printing.
- MISTAKES REDUCTION: mistakes and imperfections are dramatically reduced since each dental piece can be tried before implanting it or even printed out in different versions of itself.
DIGITAL 3D PRINTING IN DENTISTRY: STEP BY STEP
- SCANNING: Thanks to a digital camera which captures over 3,000 images per second, a virtual 3D model is generated on the screen which will be used during the treatment.
- DESIGN: Once the 3D model has been generated, a design is developed according to each patient’s needs for it to match the patient’s intraoral space perfectly.
- PRODUCTION OF 3D MODELS: Designs can be printed in plastic or wax thanks to HR 3D printing systems. The following step would be trying and assuring the perfect fit of the dental crowns and models with its digital equivalent in order to produce the final piece.
Much progress is done in dentistry every day but there are some breakthroughs that have been key to achieve a high quality treatment and result and to the best price.
Therefore, it is important for you to trust only the best experts who can offer you the technology and know-how that your mouth’s care deserves.
We at Guido Audisio Dental Clinic, always put innovation first both regarding technical improvement and patient satisfaction. That is why we use 3D printing technology.
Click here to find out more about our services.